Sunday, April 1, 2012

Turisas, Alestorm, Arkona, Huntress, Aversed, & The Flooding at The Palladium in Worcester, MA

For the record, this show was Friday and I'm exhausted and ready to pass out at the drop of the hat. Epically good times, my friends!

The Flooding - Local metal band with their drummer doing vocals! The Flooding was fantastic and really brought the energy. It was too bad that their set was only about twenty minutes long but that's what happens with local opening acts. I really liked these guys and am hoping to see them again on the 21st because I clearly need more metal in my life. We actually wound up hanging out with the drummer/singer and the bassist for a while. Very cool guys!

Aversed - Another local act. They weren't bad but they didn't quite hit the spot for me. However, I will admit that it was pretty cool to see an Asian metal singer. You go, little dude!

Huntress - I have an immense hatred of female vocals in English and this is no different. The music itself isn't bad but the shrill vocals just annoy me. Naturally, I hit the bar and scoped out the hot metal heads (there are always TONS at folk metal shows) in the pit. Fun Fact: I ran into Huntress' singer in the bathroom. She's mega pretty and very nice.

Alestorm - Pirate metal! These guys were a little gimmicky but still a lot of fun. I was pleasantly surprised by how hard they rocked and would totally see them again.

Arkona - Second time seeing this fabulous Russian band and, as before, they did not disappoint. I wish I knew Russian so I could tell them how much ass they kick but buying a shirt will have to do.

Turisas - First US headlining tour! Also, my first time getting to see them! It was absolutely INSANE! They played a long set and even gave us an encore (BATTLE METAL!). They went above and beyond my expectations. I mean, I knew they were good but DAMN did they put on a show! I don't think I've ever seen such crazy moshing in my entire life. I got to meet Olli randomly early on in the night and he was a total sweetheart. For those of you who don't know, Olli's is their awesome violinist. He'll play your fucking face off and you'll like it.

Achievement Unlocked:

- We made so many new friends it was ridiculous. I can't wait to see them all again!
- I got the numbers of a few cute guys. One was a hottie I'd seen fucking shit up in the pit at the Korpiklaani show in December!
- We hit Denny's with a bunch of the fans and took the place over!

No comments:

Post a Comment